Camino de Santiago 30Aug 9th, 2012 | By Admin | Category: Travel
Some of my friends would say I am lucky. I ABSOLUTELY agree. I have had some terrific once-in-a-life opportunities. The only bad thing that’s ever happened to me was loosing my father at 19. So what do you do when you’ve had a charmed life? I say inspire others. I teach because I love being a positive role model for my students. I want them to grab life with both hands and mold it into something unique and special regardless of their circumstances. So as you read the end of my Camino travelogue and I’ve inspired you in any way then taking the time to write and share my story was worth it. I think this song sung by Michael Buble really sums up my overall feeling of the Camino. So hit the play button and enjoy these shadow pictures of me and my insights.
1. Life is too short. There are so many amazing things to do and experience and there just isn’t enough time. But not experiencing what life has to offer is far worse then tasting even the smallest slice. So get out and see/experience the world.
2. The Camino gives you what you need, not what you want. If it gave me what I wanted, I wouldn’t be alone. That’s clearly not what I needed. I needed to learn to not be afraid of opening up and loving who I am and the things that I have accomplished. Finding peace.
3. People are amazing if you get to know them. Everyone has a story, insight, and can give you something you didn’t know you were missing. But you’ve got to be willing to expend the energy to get the reward.
4. Change is a constant part of life and shouldn’t be feared. The more I embrace this notion, the more optimistic about the future I become. The future is scary because we don’t know what will happen but we can’t stop the future, and change, from coming. It’s far better to embrace the future and its changes then to hide and hope they never come. Embrace the transitions in your life and make them yours.
5. There are far worse things in life then being alone. I know I would rather be alone then be surrounded by negative people and bad energy.
My second Camino Song by Nickelback: If today was your last day!
11. Don’t take the free ride in your own life. be opportunistic. Seek new challenges and grow.
Goodbye Camino. You are now just a memory!